[2 timothy 2:2]

[2 timothy 2:2]

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Find Rest In God

Hi everyone!


How are you all? Very busy and preoccupied? Well I myself have and am very busy with loads of stuff to do. Lacking sleep and even without leaving things for the last minute, still packed to the max. My mind has been filled with too many things and so much to do. I have datelines to rush the whole week and every week to come.


But suddenly after dinner I had the urge to just pick up the guitar and sing some songs. And just like that my worries went away and slowly I enjoyed my time just singing in my not so nice voice. :P

Now although the work is still there and I have a dateline tomorrow as well, I am now at peace. I do not feel as if I am going to die of busyness. I am even able to concentrate on what I am doing and feel more energised.

After all that long-windedness sharing, all I want to say is take time to spend with God. Many times we are busy and with so much on our mind that we tend to forget God. Yes we may still read the bible and pray (short prayers?). But we are just rushing and rushing and worrying and worrying. 

So when you feel just too tired and had enough, stop and rest in God. Does it take up time? Yes it does. But it is worth it. Any short time spent with God can keep you going for a long time. Spending real time with just you and GOD can energise you more than sleeping. We need God. 

Find rest in God. Do it in your own special way. Mine is marvelling at the scenery or just playing the singing along with the guitar. What's yours? Do not spend this 'time with God' and do something else at the same time. For example listening to Christian songs while doing your work is not what I mean. What I mean is to really give the whole 100% of that time to God. Nothing else. 

May GOD Bless you, find rest in Him. Peace be with you. *peace sign* :)

No comments: