[2 timothy 2:2]

[2 timothy 2:2]

Monday, October 3, 2011

Sport and mission


Just now when i waiting for my church mates to go play futsal and i ride motor around to kill my time, suddenly i pass by Football Association Malaysia (FAM) and saw many people wear Malaysia team jersey and walk toward FAM field, so i also ride over and take a look. I walk around and ask someone, find out that is friendly match between Malaysia senior team and junior team.


Here is few things i want to share,


1st of all, if im not mistake, i am the only chinese there?no others chinese there...then i recall back last time our Malaysia team have chinese player in the team, and they even play better than many country and win many matches. I dint say the team need chinese only can win, but during last time no matter is what races like malay, chinese, indian and etc. also will support Malaysia football team. because i really believe that sport can unite everyone, no matter what races or religion. I pray to God that in Malaysia no matter is what kind of sport, everyone will take part and be united to support our "BOLEH" land together!


On the other hand, i find out that everyone only will cheer after GOAL, and say Aiyo / Haiz when the ball is not goal....ya,i know this is normal. In this world, everyone only want the outcome and never border about the process, you and me also the same, very often that we forget to encourage others during the process, the worst we even scold or say bad thing when the outcome is not what we expect. Why not we try to involve during the process by keep encourage each others? words are powerful to give life or kill others. Do u agree with me?
By saying "good try,u almost there." to someone when they need. In return, they have the strength to accomplish and return you a big smile and hug!


1 Corinthians 9:25-27
“All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.” (NLT)


Sport and mission~
Sport also can serve God, I believe this! just like the verse mention if we do it to win a prize,  that will be fade away. but i here to encourage all of you who do it for the eternal prize, God appreciate and cherish ,He will give us the eternal prize! with the right purpose that God give us, we can be a Different and Godly athletes. one thing i find it very difficult is "training". in the training process, God want to disciplined us and there is no easy way or short cut for training. So please be serious in every training, and never shadowboxing!


So allow me to conclude that God also love sport and those who serve Him faithfully in sport,  I respect YOU.


with love,
ray loeng

1 comment:

Och said...

Nice find! :) Malaysia Boleh!