[2 timothy 2:2]

[2 timothy 2:2]

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Prayer Chain: Installation of new Yang di-Pertuan Agong (YdPA)


Few days ago on Wednesday, we had a public holiday in accordance to the installation of new Yang di-Pertuan Agong (YdPA). Our 14th Yang di-Pertuan Agong is a Sultan from Kedah, Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah ibni Sultan Badlishah. As children of God, we ought to put our country in prayer as recorded in 1 Timothy1-2 [I urge, then, first of all, that petition, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people. for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.]






These are some of the insights from our brothers and sisters received during their time in prayer chain:-
1) Steven Teh (12a.m.)

What the Lord wills in this nation
For Exodus 23 v6 to 8 reads : "You shall not pervert the judgment of your poor in his dispute. Keep yourself far from a false matter; do not kill the innocent and righteous. For I will not justify the wicked.


The Lord calls forth for us to keep the way of the Lord, and He hears our outcry, He will come down to us.

For Genesis 18 v19 to 21 reads : For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the Lord, to do righteousness and justice, that the Lord may bring Abraham what He has spoken to him." And the Lord said, "Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know."



For the poor He called them brethren of ours, we shall help. Lord bless His Majesty and empower him by Your Grace so he does not lend money for usury nor food at a profit, but for us to live among. Our Nation's poverty rely not on what the His Majesty does, but how we live among each other as brothers.

For Leviticus 25 v35-38 reads: "If one of your brethren becomes poor, and falls into poverty among you, then you shall help him, like a stranger or a sojourner, that he may live with you. Take no usury or interest from him; but fear your God, that your brother may live with you. You shall not lend him money for usury, nor lend him your food at a profit. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, to give you the land of Canaan and to be your God.

Our Father in Heaven came to test us, that His fear may be before us so that we may not sin. Lest there be one who quits, For God desires us to stand fast to our beliefs.
For Exodus 20 v20 reads : And Moses said to the people, "Do not fear; for God has come to test you, and that His fear may be before you, so that you may not sin."
And for 2 Thessalonians 2 v15 reads : Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

Prayer of comfort
2 Thessalonians 2 v16 to 17 reads : Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.


2) Ray Leong (1 a.m.)



This is what God speak to me,

our YdPA,Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah ibni Sultan Badlishah second time to assuming the position, and his age 84 years old.


Our Lord Jesus can save our king, Jesus love him as well,
Although our king face more difficulties to believe in Christ Jesus, but we can continue to ask God to open doors n ways for people to share Gospel to our king, he also can turn to God in secretly.

God save the king.


3) Jeremiah Jr. (1 a.m.) 



Today English Version (revised edition)

God chosen servant

Matthew 12: 18 - 21 this words is about God chosen servant Isaiah
"Here is my servant whom i have chosen, the one i love, and whom im pleased. i will send my spirit upon him, and he will announce my judgement to the nations. he will not argue or shout, or make loud speeches in the streets. he will not break off a bent reed, nor put out a flickering lamp. he will not persist until he causes justice to triumph, and on him all peoples will put their hopes
For God has chosen the new YDPA that we shall put our hopes in him

Zech 4:6
and while in the prayer, i was really felt like not so feeling well but let us keep continue pray for the Lord say "not by might, nor by power but by my spirit" for my version is an angel to send a msg of God : " You will succeed, not by military might or by your own strength, but by my spirit" so let keep continue to pray in our spirit

James 2:4
Then you will guilty of creating distinctions among yourselves and of making judgments based on evil motives.
pray for the new installation of YDPA have the justice and not by evil motive from Satan

psalm 27:1-3a prayer of praise
The Lord is my light and amy salvation; i will fear no one. the Lord protects me from all danger; i will never be afraid. When evil people attack me and try to kill me, they will stumble and fall. Even if a whole army surrounds me, i will not be afraid; even if enemies attack me, i will still trust in God
pray for the protection on the new YDPA for Lord protection is not only upon us, it will be upon the new YDPA for we dont know what will happen as they might happen argument so pray for protection not only be with us, but with the new YDPA, let him be save from his enemies

exodus 17:2 They complained to moses and said "give us water" Moses answered, "why are you complaning? Why are you putting the LORD to the test?" for some of us are very tired, and its like we are asking for wisdom to continue for the prayer ask dony doubt, keep asking Lord for the scripture to PRAY as we shall not doubt on the new installation for we shall not put the God into the test, keep praying for the new installation of the new YDPA

4) Keat Wei

Open doors

The first thing came to my mind after pray for the prayer point is Freedom of Religion in Malaysia. I have this strong thought that Malaysia sure will be country of great revival of Christ.

After that I read Col3:4 "And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains."

Ya. Its coming very soon! Let's us pray, and He will open the door.

1Cor16:9 "because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me"
Be prepared! Greater things will happen, we will never imagine before.
We believe that God will lead us.
Every time I pray. The mountains are removed! And the nation turns to u!!


5) Derk (4 a.m.)


I prayed asking God about His plans for our country.



What I heard in reply is this: "Watch and see what plans I have. Be faithful"



We know that in the next few months some things may happen that may change a lot of things in our country. Like Keat Wei said, God is the one who is going to open the doors.



We got to be faithful to our commission to live holy lives as God's people and bring His message of grace and salvation to the people, the same message that brought us hope.



Strengthen your brothers and sisters! Our Lord will come again one day, and what will He see in the church of Malaysia on that hour?

6) Pastor Eunice (8 a.m.)

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him”
(Hebrews 11:6, NIV)


God bless our homeland...

7) Grace Yong (8 a.m.)

Whenever we think of giving up or losing hope for the country, we must remember that despite the inequality or troubles we are facing now...we have the greatest ruler of all with us. God is mighty and He has definitely has His own plans for us, for our country. I have learned that the most importantly to form a great nation, we ourselves must be well prepared to face the challenges. We must stand strong in faith and trust God that He will overcome with us.


Psalm 138 : 7-8



Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me. The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.


8) Adrian Yu ( 10 a.m.)



2 Chronicles 7:14 [ If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.]


The verse just suddenly poped appear to me after a session of praise and worship.



Ask the right thing from God and you will be blessed tenfold. Instead of looking for materialistic things or relationship with man, Be someone who seek the heart of God just like King David did! And the rest, leave it to God. Because if you honour Him, He will honour you.

Lets pray harder that our government will receive the right things from God and stays away from corruption.

Because Christian's greatest weapon is God's word and prayer!

9) Hui Andrew (12 p.m.)

Learn not to complain but to pray unto you

learn not to have our own agenda but the agenda of God

pray the nation to vote wisely

pray for ourselves that we wont have favoritism mind set


10) Melody Hor ( 6 p.m.)


Prayed for citizens and rulers of country to love Malaysia more so that they would want Malaysia to be a better country for all of us. If you love your country enough you would only do good things for it, won't you?



and of course God to make Malaysia a better place. He is the only one who can change and make it happen. May he grant those who are ruling with wisdom and integrity, as well as those who are voting, may he grant them wisdom.



God can influence those in authority and we can influence that by praying :)

11) Wendy Loo

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)


I ended work super late today, so I actually took the time that I have in LRT to pray for it.. There is a lot of distractions during the whole journey, but when I closed my eyes, I started to pray without even care about what happened surrounding me..



It remind me of this: "Our distance with our Father in Heaven is just simply a prayer away"... So no matter how tired we are, let's continue to pray for a transformation for Malaysia, shall we??

12) Daniel Chi

‎'Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer.' Psalms 61:1


'If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.' 2 Chronicles 7:14-15



Let's stand in the gap and cry out for this nation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time when we are frustrated of the measures that operate in this country, do we actually pray about it? Ezekiel 22:30 [I sought for a man who would stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land] An intercessor is a man or woman-or child-who pray on behalf of others. God wants us to fill the gap in interceding for our country. He want us to pray as a believer, in this way the heart of God is expressed through intercession. 
Over and over in the Scriptures we see that Christ went away all night to pray in a solitary place. In fact, His whole life was intercessory. If Christ felt that it was important to intercede while He was on earth, then how much more should we consider intercession a priority? (Jacobs 1993)

Gin Mah


No comments: