[2 timothy 2:2]

[2 timothy 2:2]

Monday, January 9, 2012

Fools for christ

Have you ever felt like a fool? Like when you tried to do something or convey a message to someone, but got ignored and brushed aside instead. Without a doubt i have experience this countless times, especially when it is a topic regarding the gospel. It is a natural thing that nobody wants to be a fool.

2012 has arrived and 2011 has passed. One of the many things that I reflected upon and to my astonishment as I usher in the new year during new years eve was how I could so easily let 2011 pass me by without letting many of my friends know about the true gospel that holds the key to eternal life. I have once again lost the urgency that the bible so repeatedly reminds its people of. We all know that Jesus is the way the truth and the life, and no one can come into the Father's presence without Him. I have heard of many people that often prefer sharing the gospel through showing of action, that people might see a difference in them. I feel that it is essential, but Jesus also called us to PROCLAIM the gospel out loud. 

I'm sure most of us are familiar with the great commission. Mat 28:19-20 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

 Let us think and ponder, have we shared to anyone about the news of Jesus's unconditional love for us last year? I feel that it is harder to share about the gospel of Christ if we ourselves have not personally experienced a divine encounter with the Lord. How can someone keep this good news to oneself if we knew how awesome this news will change and transform lives? We have to be transformed ourselves first then we will definitely feel the urgency. Let us make a new resolution for the year, to set aside a number of people, in which we want to share this good news that have changed our lives knowing with confidence and excitement that this news that we bring will change others as well. 

It is true that there is always that possibility of having to look like a fool, but if the result is them getting to know the one true living God and having their lives changed and transform, why not? Let us all learn to be fools for Christ! heh =D

Shu Jian

No comments: