[2 timothy 2:2]

[2 timothy 2:2]

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Transformation

2 Corinthians 5:17 (This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!)

To experience full transformation from old to new, it's not only we change our belief, the decisions that we made also take in account. Last Thursday i passed my motor test and though it sounds smooth sailing for most of the people but it was a crucial chapter for me.

I first started thought of taking motor license as to pass my time in semester break. Registered myself in and impatiently finished few hours of lecture. Then came the final section where have to practically ride on a motor for another 3 hours to able to get a L license. The story begun when i felt down from motor during the emergency brake area.

As a newbie of motorcyclist having no proper sitting on motor before, to balance and familiar with the machine is rather hard for me. During the emergency brake area there, one's have to speed and brake within a box to pass the test. Coincidentally, my practical section was after rain and the area was filled with sands. My bike lost control while trying to brake, resulting in skidding along the box. 

Both my palms, knees, and elbows carried visible minor injuries. It terrified me a lots especially when it gave you bad experience from the things you do for the first time. I din't continue my motorbike lessons for 2 consecutively semester breaks due to the fear in it. I gave myself excuses for being busy, practical time doesn't match when questioned by parents regarding the progress. 

One night, as usual while reading devotional material online, one passage really changed my perspective and bring me hope. I still remember it recorded that 'Jesus finished everything He has started'. In His ministry, he completed what he had assigned for such as healing the sick, raising the dead, feeding the hungry. Even spontaneous work was fulfilled like turning water into wine as we can see in John 2:1-11. The ultimate work He done was on the cross to give us salvation and eternity with Heavenly Father. 

I prayed and God answered it when my agent recommended me to shift learning centre that opened not long ago. They changed for a certain reasons because the instructors there are more responsible and the teaching method is more student-friendly. I slowly picked up all the necessaries to enable passing the test. Time doesn't allowed me to delay further as my L license will expire on 3rd of 2012 January. The P license test is only available once per month, all i know last Thursday was my last shot.

This time i din't gave bribe like what i did previously during car license test before believing in Christ. Without considering how difficult to pass like what others' have said for not giving cover charge, i put my faith in Him instead. We do not have to follow wordly standard no matter how odd it is because we were told in Romans 12:2 (Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.)

Finally, after 1 year of delaying+ practicing, i can legally ride on a motor. Praise to be Him, i learn conquering my fear, trusting in Him and His faith to me. Brothers and sisters, God loves you too :))

Motorcyclist,
Gin Mah

No comments: