[2 timothy 2:2]

[2 timothy 2:2]

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

God is with us


In the kingdom of God, Jesus informs us, we can trust our heavenly Father. I learned about trust a few years ago. My daughter Hope and I were at one of my son’s many baseball games. She went off to a swing with a friend. She never left my field of vision, but I moved from one part of the stand to another. When she turned to see me in the stands she thought that I was gone, she welled up with tears and began running o the stands. Only about thirty seconds went by, but within that time she lost her breath and began panting with fear. I said “Hope, I am over here,” and she came running. “How could you leave me!” she said, trembling. “I never left you,” I said “and I never lost sight of you. You just lost sight of me”. She calmed down quickly, but the fear took a while to subside.

adapted from The Good and Beautiful Life

So, have ever felt lost? Have you ever felt like you’ve gone out of track? I’m sure all of us have our season of questioning or backsliding. At times like that, we just lost sight of God but we must always remember that God never loses sight of us. God gives us space to experiment, grow and mature. God never intrudes. But this doesn’t mean God is not with us, is not watching us, is not ultimately familiar with our coming and goings. Jesus promised that He will never leave and forsake us. In the kingdom of heaven God is always near. God is with us all the time that’s why He is called Immanuel. We are never alone and never need to afraid. We only need to rely and trust in Him. Have faith in Him.

Ada

No comments: